I'm trying a new way of tackling #NaNoWriMo, (National Novel Writing Month). I'm going to be posting my story chapter by chapter on Wattpad.
A few reasons actually.
1. Motivation: There is nothing that makes me write faster than a reader asking, 'What happens next? Dying for the next update. UPDATE PLEASE!'
2. Gratitude: Wattpad has been essential in helping me achieve my goal of being published. I want to share this story as a thank you for all the opportunity the Wattpad readers have given me.
3. Immediate feedback: It's like having a built in army of BETA readers.
4. Building a fan base: If more people are checking out your profile because you're currently engaging them, they'll also be more likely to be interested in other projects you're already written.
5. Connecting with other writers: Writing is a solitary activity and sometimes we need to lean on one another for support. Wattpad leads to all other online sites. Never underestimate the power of a good Twitter buddy.
6. Popularity: Just kidding, although it is another motivator when you see the numbers go up for your story.
7. Star Search: Since Wattpad is driven by readers, it can be an important tool in determining what the next trend will be, therefore, Wattpad is crawling with agents/editors/publishers who are
What are your motivations for #NaWriNoMo?