|The possibility of Ron's death was my biggest fear.|
2. The thing your protagonist can’t let go: what’s the deeper reason why? Who grasps that reason before your protagonist does.
3. What’s the biggest thing your MC needs to know about himself? Give him five good reasons not to care. Tear each down, in steps.
4. What do you like most about your MC? How soon can we see that one the page? How often? Add more than you think.
5. What does your MC know about themself to be true? What don't they *see* that's even more true? Hit 'em with it.
6. What's a foundational attribute of your MC? Create an odd tick or habit that implies the opposite. Add six times and voila, a quirk.
Next Monday I'll be blogging the latest episode of Once Upon A Time.