December 01, 2011
Welcome to my blog. Wasn't that easy? Now paste this link to your facebook page, and make it trend on twitter. Great, thanks!
But seriously, here are the top five things you can do TODAY, to increase traffic to your awesome blog/website. After all, who doesn't want to be popular...
1. Give your latest blog entry a catchy title. Something like 'How To Get More Blog Followers'. You can borrow mine, I don't mind.
2. Visit other blogs. Make sure to leave a comment, preferably something complimentary. You can also get involved in a blog hop.
3. Blog regularly. There's something dissatisfying about a site that hasn't had any updates for a few weeks. If you have problems with regularity, just add Bran Buds to your usual cereal, or sprinkle a little on your yogurt.
4. Keep up with trends. If the audience you're trying to attract are Hunger Games fans, then blog about the latest trailer.
5. Make it pretty. People can spend hours on the internet, but will read very little. Make sure to add pictures/videos or hyperlinks. We all love a cover reveal, right? This would be a great place to insert my homemade book trailer, but let's save that for another day.
What works best for your blog? Leave a comment, and I'll follow you back.
Next Monday I'll be blogging the latest episode of Once Upon A Time.