|Me making supper, not exactly as shown.|
These are from some of my favorite books. Do they look familiar to you?
1. Last night, I dreamt I went to Manderley again.
3. I still remember the day my father took me to the Cemetery of Forgotten Book for the first time.
4. The night before he went to London, Richard Mayhew was not enjoying himself.
5. Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.
6. All children, except one, grow up.
7. My name was Salmon, like the fish; first name Susie.
8. I first saw Hundreds Hall when I was ten years old.
9. I became what I am today at the age of twelve on a frigid overcast day in the winter of 1975.
10. It was a pleasure to burn.
Wouldn't you want to read more? Now take a look at your own manuscript. Are you hooked by the first line?
What are your favorite first lines? How many on my list can you guess the title and author?
Next Monday I'll be blogging the latest episode of Once Upon A Time.