So the latest poster for the Divergent movie just came out.*Deep breaths*
I haven't been this steamed since Amazon dragged the cover of Anne of Green Gables through the post beer garden mud wrestling competition. Readers enamored with the red-headed orphan, cried 'shame' when the saw the buxom blond in the plaid shirt with the 'come hither stare'.
Thankfully, Amazon pulled the 'updated' covers.
But this is the movies, kid. And it's a whole other ballgame.
This is so, so wrong.
A devoted reader
Here are the top five things I
1. Tris is the main character, yet Four is center stage. It's HER story. Why is she in the background taking the place of a sidekick?
2. They're on top of a high rise. The dude hates heights.
3. Tris is all curves and clad in tight leather. Her long hair is flowing in the breeze. She's gazing wantonly into the distance. What is this, Beyonce's halftime show at the Super Bowl? Everyone knows Tris is tiny. Yet, despite her size, she proved herself worthy of the toughest crowd in town. I don't get that vibe from this poster.
4. Four is armed with an assault rifle or something equally deadly. Where are Tris's weapons? Oh wait, is she supposed to use her 'wanton stare' to disarm enemies?
5. Her butt is literally the middle of the poster. I've seen more panache from a Calvin Klein billboard.
If this was the original cover for the novel I would have NEVER picked it up.
There, rant over.
Please click on a share button below and spread the outrage.
Tris deserves a better poster.