Wednesday 10 December 2014

Official Playlist for Butterflies Don't Lie

Music is magic.

I love how an old song takes me back to a moment and makes me feel like I'm reliving the memory.

Or sometimes I'll hear lyrics that are so heartbreakingly perfect for one of my characters it gives me goosebumps.

Music inspires me everyday.

Here are a few of my favourite picks from the Official (because anything sounds better when you put 'official' in front of it) Playlist for Butterflies Don't' Lie.



"One Way Or Another" by Blondie

If there was only one song I could pick for this book, it would be this one. Perfect for chapter one.





"Paradise" by Coldplay

Stuck in a job she's terrible at with a boss who is constantly on her case, Kelsey hopes once she captures Blaine's attention everything will fall into place and her miserable life will suddenly be perfect.






"I Was A Fool" by Tegan and Sara

Oh, boy. Kelsey hits rock bottom in after a nasty revelation one night. (Chapter twenty for those of you reading along at home.)





"Starry Eyed" by Ellie Goulding

That moment when the guy you can't stand becomes the guy you can't stop thinking about. This song is perfect for Chapter Twenty-two.




"No One Is To Blame" by Howard Jones

I like to think of this song as Luke's theme. It's important because it has a significant impact on the storyline. Plus it's one of my favourites from my high school days...long, long, long ago.




"Stay" by Rhianna featuring Mikky Ekko

You should listen to this while reading chapter Twenty-nine. Really, I'm not kidding.





"I Feel You" by Sam Roberts

Feel all the feels of Chapter Thirty-two.




"So Close" by Shawn Hook

Perfect song for the epilogue.




The entire playlist is available here. Go knock yourself out. Also, check out the Pinterest board with character images, quotes and more good stuff.

Which songs inspire you to write?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...