Monday 17 December 2012

Night Shift

In the heart of Manhattan, a historic building hides a century old secret...

I've been writing and talking about NIGHT SHIFT for so long, I felt it was time to give it a face.



At Willard's department store, none of the security guards survive long on night shift, and sixteen-year-old Daniel Gale is about to find out why. Tired of endless hotels and living out of his backpack, he ignores the clerk's gossip about the old building being haunted and takes the job as the newest night guard.

On his first shift, Daniel narrowly escapes a fatal drop down the elevator shaft, and is rescued by Mary, a bossy and intriguing girl who is far too beautiful for after hours inventory.

Anticipating every night shift as a chance to be with her, Daniel thinks his traveling days are over hoping that New York City is the place to call home. But as his life becomes more entwined with Willard's, Daniel senses unnatural changes and bizarre coincidences, both with Mary and the store itself. Soon he suspects Willard's is hiding something more sinister than gossip about ghosts—something that could make him the next casualty of the NIGHT SHIFT.


NIGHT SHIFT is currently looking for a publishing house to fall head over heels in sloppy love with.

If you liked this, click on the Google +1 button. Good luck with your own writing!

6 comments:

Laila N Mysis said...

O_O I think you scared my cat. And me too!

But this isn't published?? I honestly thought it was! Well, anyhow, I shalt be awaiting that day. Best of luck (:. 0-7ttghrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh87

... that was my cat....

Suzi said...

I would definitely read it. Sounds like something I'd like. Good luck!

BR Myers said...

Hello Suzi, Laila and cat,

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm looping the red yarn through the looseleaf holes as we speak. Look for me in your nearest Walmart parking lot ;)

Jeff Hargett said...

Couldn't get the video to play, but the premise sounds interesting. Best of luck to you with it!

LisaAnn said...

Oh my gosh, I have been in love with NIGHT SHIFT ever since I heard about it when we first met. The trailer is MAGNIFICENT, and I absolutely can't wait to read this one when it finds its perfect home.

(Also, I love that Alex Pettyfer is your MC... I had him in mind for the love interest in ESSENCE, too!)

BR Myers said...

Sorry, about that Jeff.

Lisa Ann, thank you!!! NIGHT SHIFT loves you too. And I'll share Alex with you. He does have that MC kind of vibe, doesn't he?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...